Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cedar Bonnet Island

We had another fun filled weekend. We spent a long weekend on Cedar Bonnet Island. My friend Chaz's Mom owns a house on Cedar Bonnet Island. It was Chaz's Grandfather's house. It is an adorable beach house with an amazing view of the bay. Cedar Bonnet Island is right before the bridge into Long Beach Island. We arrived Thursday and ate lunch at "Joe Pop's". We drove around and took a tour of LBI. Friday we went to the beach. The kids had a GREAT time. I will post some beach pictures later. I took those picture with our old sony cybershot. I got strict instructions not to take the new camera on the beach. Friday night Dan and Jeff arrived after work and we went to Beach Haven Fishery for dinner. Saturday we went shopping and I got a new pet. Since I am not "allowed" to get a dog because we are "too busy", I got a hermit crab named Pearl. She was already named Pearl so I am going to keep it but I had to give her another name so I thought Petunia Pearl had a nice ring to it. I will post pictures later and tell you all about Petunia Pearl at a later date. We have a whole pet situation that deserves it's own post. Saturday afternoon we had lunch at The Dutchman. It has outdoor seating with a beautiful view of the Bay. We also went to see Barnegat Lighthouse on Saturday. Saturday night we relaxed at the house and cooked clams and munchie foods. We played the dice game. We packed up this morning and headed home. It was a GREAT weekend.








4 comments:

Kate said...

SOunds Like a great weekend! Love all the pictures. Can't wait to hear about sweet little Petunia Pearl. Glad you are home safely!!

Get some rest girlfriend!!

Love ya!!

Kate

Kellyann said...

Sounds like a ton of fun! I'm curious about the pet petunia now.

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like another fabulous beach weekend!

Our friends have a house in Manahawkin...we always go to Joe Pops...what a fun place...also have stopped at The Dutchman on the way home from the beach for drinks....we love LBI, unfortunately haven't made it down this summer!

Great pictures!

Laura said...

Sounds like another fun weekend. I'm dying for a beach weekend!!!

Laura