Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanksgiving Part 2

I planned to decorate over the weekend by I was inspired by the show "Clean House". I watched about 4 episodes in a row on Wednesday while I was sewing. I always like to have everything in it's place before I decorate. Each year it has gotten harder and harder with all of Katie's "stuff" everywhere. I decided to PURGE my house. I have been holding on to things that I haven't used in years. Old decor from my old house, old partylite candle holders, old knick-nacks...etc... I feel guilty throwing things away. Now, my bloggy friends do not get too nervous my house does not look like the houses on "Clean House" but my closets and spare bedroom had way too much stuff packed into them. It felt great to clear the house of old junk. I reorganized closets, Katie's playroom, the spare bedroom, and our computer room. So, I did not get any of my decorating done. I am hoping to get it finished this weekend. Dan is going to Pittsburgh this coming weekend so our plan was to get our tree yesterday. But it was rainy and cold here in PA. We are hoping to get our tree on Thursday.

Sunday, Dan cooked us our own Thanksgiving dinner. I love to cook our own turkey so we have left-overs. I also love my Grandmom's stuffing recipe. So, Katie and I made the stuffing and Dan did the rest. Dan even made my apple pie recipe. It was so delicious. It was still hot when we ate it with a scoop of vanilla ice cram on top....YUM!

Our Best Friends spent the long weekend at Jeff's parents in Fenwick, Delaware. They came home Sunday afternoon so we invited them over for our Thanksgiving part 2. We had a wonderful meal with our friends. Katie was in charge of asking everyone what they were thankful for. It was very nice.

After dinner we played the High School Musical soundtrack and Katie put on a "show". She loves to hide behind the sliding glass door curtain and be introduced. She comes out from behind the curtain and puts on a show for us. Bailey and Brady joined the fun and the next thing I know we were all dancing. The neighbors behind us probably would think we were nuts if they could see us through the window.

Picture of Dan's apple pie

IMG_6458

APPLE PIE

1 pie shell

7-8 Tart Apples(I use a few different apples, granny smith, fuji, and macintosh)

1 cup sugar

2 TBSP flour

dash salt

1 tsp cinnamon

1/4 tsp nutmeg

2 TBSP butter

Peel and slice apples and mix above ingredients.

Crumb Topping

1/2 cup sugar

3/4 cup flour

1/3 cup butter softened

Mix together with hands to form crumbs.

Depending on the size of my pie plate sometimes I need to double the crumb topping mixture to cover the pie.

Place pie shell on bottom of pie plate. Put apple mixture on top of pie shell and then top with crumb topping mixture. Bake at 400 degrees for 50 minutes.

ENJOY!

Enjoy the little video of Katie, Brady, and Bailey dancing. Don't mind my BIG mouth ;)

8 comments:

Missy said...

Oh yeah, uh huh, get it girl!!! You all are SO our kind of people. Katie has some moves : )

I love it! We must plan on getting these two together one day and have a major dancefest!!!

Ok, by the way, does hubby have a single brother? I mean, really? Cooking??? You are so blessed!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I am cracking up here....that video was great!! What a little dancing queen you have on your hands....so cute!!

Thanks for the recipe....it looks and sounds delicious....I love a hot apple pie!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Holiday weekend!

Lisa

Jboo said...

Wow -- what a great weekend and sounds like you got so much accomplished -- way to go!! That Hub of yours and his cooking sounds wonderful! Will have to try that apple pie recipe - you're making me hungry!

Have a good week!
Janet

Kate said...

OMG....so funny!!! And frankly...your narration just makes it even better!!! I am jealous of your organization...and your apple pie!!! Looks like good times all around!!

fleur de lis cottage said...

You've got some mission organization going on over there...and that apple pie looks awesome.

Laura said...

I was waiting to see Dan shake it!!

Ivy Shaffer said...

Oh too cute! The awesome "new little kids on the block"!

Ooh la la, a tasty apple pie recipe, yummy! Will have to try it out since I love to bake:))

Ivy

Sue said...

Too funny..I was waiting for Katie to bust out a moonwalk or something..she's got some moves!

You're a lucky wife..cute and cooks! ; )