Tuesday, December 16, 2008

3rd Annual Christmas Party

We hosted our 3rd Annual Christmas Party for our adoption group. I know that I have said it before but I will say it again.....we are so lucky to have such an amazing group. We also had some new friends at our party this year. It was so great to spend time with friends old and new. I invited a few of my bloggy friends that live in the area. It was so nice to meet some of my bloggy friends in "real" life.

The party started with some arts and crafts. I had a craft table set up for the kids. They colored ceramic ornaments. While the kids were hard at work the adults enjoyed some punch. I will post the punch recipe below.

Santa arrived and had a gift for each child. The kids were so excited to see Santa. Most of the kids sat and waited for there turn with Santa. A few of the smaller kids were alittle freaked out by Santa.

We enjoyed a delicious dinner after Santa went back to the North Pole. Everyone brought either a appetizer, main dish, or dessert. The food was GREAT!

The kids had a ball playing together. We found Katie and Lia pulling off there party clothes to change into princess dress up. Soon, some of the other girls saw this and joined in. They came downstairs and paraded through the house and told us it was a princess parade. Dan put on the High School Musical soundtrack for them and the next thing you know we had a princess dance party in my family room. It was so wonderful to watch these girls dance and have a ball with each other. I looked at Kate and she had a little tear in her eye. I then got teary eyed too. THESE are the moments we waited for.

Next we had our ornament exchange. Each child brings an ornament and then we do a random exchange and each child leaves with an ornament from there friend.

The next thing I know Katie was out of her princess dress up and into her PJ's. Well then all the kids who brought there jammies followed and put there jammies on.

Everyone was tired out and a wonderful night came to an end. It was a fun, amazing night with new friends and old friends. A night full of memories that we will cherish for a long time.

I am already looking forward to next year!





IMG_7176
The girls hard at work on there ornaments


IMG_7191
Santa arrives!!!!


IMG_7196
I love this pictures of everyone sitting waiting for there turn with Santa


IMG_7254

Katie with Santa

IMG_7290

Santa and children

IMG_7297

Some of our Princess Parade

IMG_7305

Princess Dance Party

IMG_7308

Ornament Exchange


PUNCH RECIPE~

Cranberry Juice
Sprite
Rainbow Sherbert
Vodka

I didn't measure just added it all in a punch bowl and voila......Jen's Christmas punch!

7 comments:

Missy said...

What an amazing party!!! These are the friendships that you will all treasure for a lifetime. Oh, how I wished in PA! All of the girls are SO adorable. Love these pics..

Jboo said...

Wow -- what a great party!! Sounds like fun was had by all and your pictures of those darling girls are just precious! Thanks for sharing. Wish I lived in PA too! :)

Janet

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Your party looked as beautiful and fun as I imagined it to be.....I don't care what comes along next year.....we ARE coming!!

The girls look so cute and they all look like the partied til they dropped! Love Katie's "K" shirt....is that one of your creations?...adorable!!

Hey, thanks for the punch recipe...sounds really good...I will try it out!!

Happy Holidays,

Lisa

day by day said...

Oh, what wonderful pictures, Jen! Such beautiful little princesses!

Thanks again for inviting us..it is always a blessing to meet new friends!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun party! Just stumbled upon your blog; I'll be back :-)

Jodee said...

What a great party! The girls look sooo cute together! I love Katie's shirt!

Ivy Shaffer said...

The girls were having the best time! I loved the dancing Princesses!
By the way thanks for the punch recipe, didn't get to taste it but I think I need to make it LOL.

Again, what a blast! Hope you're getting some rest my friend.

Hugs,

Ivy