Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations Steelers, Nice try Eagles!

IMG_8540

We had a GREAT weekend in Pittsburgh. We arrived Saturday afternoon and checked into the William Penn Hotel. It was very nice. We walked to PRIMANTI BROS for sandwiches. I laughed when I read your comment Kate because we had already been to Primanti's. It was my first time having a primanti bros sandwich. I got the hot capicola and cheese. The sandwich comes on fresh sliced Italian bread with capicola, cheese, coleslaw, lettuce, tomato, and FRENCH FRIES! It was so good(and so bad for my diet). The rest of the day we walked around Pittsburgh and went to a few different sports bars to get into the football spirit. We ended the night with a delicious dinner at Buca di Beppo.

IMG_8552

Sunday~GAME DAY! Wow Steelers excitement was in the air. I am so used to being in EAGLES country in my part of PA. Dan and I were definitely out numbered in our Eagles gear. The Steelers fans didn't have any problem making comments or booing us either. They really tortured the poor Ravens fans. We went to MCFADDEN'S to watch the Eagles game. Our poor Eagles lost. We then headed to HEINZ FIELD for the Steelers game. It was really great to be there and watch the Steelers win the AFC Championship. The excitement at HEINZ FIELD was unbelievable. Jeff was thrilled. Dan was alittle sad about the Eagles but happy for his friend.

We headed home on Monday morning. I got a "Terrible Towel" and I will get on the band wagon and root for the Steelers for the Super Bowl.

It was so great to spend a weekend away with our Best Friends. No matter what team won or lost, we had a great time just being with each other.

My creation

8 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

It looks like you guys had a really fun weekend!! I have never been to Primanti Bros, but everyone I know that has gone, raves about it......your sandwhich looked good, but your drink looked better:)

You can tell just by looking at the pictures, how much fun you and Dan have with Karen and her husband.....like you said, it doesn't really matter who wins or loses, as long as you are all together!!

I am sure Katie is happy you are back.....Have a great week:)

Lisa

Sue said...

I love your pics this post. How did you get them in that format?

Fun without the kiddos...sometimes ya just gotta do it. :)

now....I gotta say...GO CARDINALS!!

Sue

missy said...

Good times!!! I loved all of your pictures...food, drinks, football and great friends...can't get much better than that. You all looked too cute!

Jodee said...

Wow! It looks like you had the perfect "adult" weekend! Your collage is fabulous!

Jboo said...

Sounds like a great weekend! Your photos are great!

Am sure you're happy to be home with your little sweetie!

Hope the week is going well!
Janet

Kate said...

Okay okay...I could accept that you were on a fabulous trip to my "home" and all...but that picture of your Primanti Bros. sandwich...just kind of mean, don't you think??? I'm just saying...

These pictures are so great...really captured all things Pittsburgh. We are sorry the Eagles lost...but will also be waving our terrible towels with pride!!!!

Kate

fleur de lis cottage said...

Oh My Gosh, your pics totally captured the weekend. It looks like you had sooo much fun!!

Dawn S. said...

Y'all are such loyal fans!!