Monday, October 6, 2008

Harvest Moon Festival

Last weekend we celebrated the Harvest Moon Festival with our local FCC group.

The afternoon started with an adoptive Mom and her 14 year old adopted daughter speaking about their experience volunteering in an orphanage in Wuhan, Hubei Province. They volunteered through Half The Sky Foundation and spent 2 weeks this past summer in China.

Then they had crafts and games for the little ones. The games were organized and run by the older girls.

Next was story-telling time. The "As They Grow" group acted out a story for the little ones.

We then enjoyed a Chinese buffet dinner. After dinner was a talent show. It was so cute to see the children perform.

What a great day!

My creation

7 comments:

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Looks like a picture perfect day!

All the photos are fantastic...I love seeing the girls dressed up for the occasion!

Hope you have a great week!

Lisa

Laura said...

I just love these girls to pieces!!!! Great photo's Jen and Dan. Thanks for sharing and thanks for sending them also.

xoxoxo,
Laura

Laura said...

**UPDATE** I love the boys too!!! I didn't mean to leave CJ out!!!!!!

Kate said...

Jen,

I know I told you before...but your pictures are wonderful. You really captured some great moments!! It sounds like it was a great evening...we hope our schedule will allow us to make it next year!!

Kate

Jodee said...

What a fun day! I love your colorful collage!

Kerry said...

Wow, Jen. Looks like you have a fabulous group. And the smiles on the kids faces say it all. Love your photos and wish I could have heard the mom and daughter speak about their experience in Hubei. We would love to volunteer with HTS.
Hugs

a Tonggu Momma said...

Jennifer ~ This looks like such a great time! And I am very much wondering if we might have some mutual friends. E-mail me... because I either recognize your daughter's name from trolling referral sites a long time ago, or we might both know a family in what I think is your area.