Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bake me a cake as fast as you can......

Dan's birthday is tomorrow so Katie and I made a cake for Dan tonight. Katie had a ball. I wish I had a few pictures of her cracking the eggs but I was afraid to pick up the camera. I had to help her because she was whacking the egg on the side of the bowl and then trying to open the egg with one hand....."Like Daddy does when he makes eggs".

I don't have a picture of the finished product yet since the cake was baking while Katie got a bath and was put to bed.

I love the picture of Katie licking the spatula. I always thought that was the best part as a kid. After the cake was in the pan we got to lick the spatula....YUM!



5 comments:

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Dan!!!

I am sure the cake will be delish!!! Funny about the cracking eggs...Lia always gets right in there too...but luckily...always with TWO hands!!!

Funny Katie!!!

Laura said...

Today's my Mom's Birthday too. Happy Birthday Dan!!!! Have fun!!!

xoxo,
Laura

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

Happy Birthday Dan!

Enjoy that cake....looks like it was made with a lot of love!

Licking the spatula is the best part....Katie is too cute!!

The eggs are always a little scary....so adorable that she tried to do it just like Daddy...one handed!

Have a wonderful day!

Lisa

Jboo said...

What a great baker you have on your hands! I love licking the spatula too. Have a fun weekend!

Janet

Jodee said...

Happy Birthday, Dan!

What cute baking pictures! Licking the spatula is the best part!