Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mother's Day




I am so lucky to be the Mother of such amazing little girl. She is truly a wonderful, funny, strong willed, energetic little girl. A bit whiny lately but I am hoping it is just a phase. I look at her everyday and thank God for her. I am so thankful and grateful for everything that lead me to be her Mother. I always knew in my heart that I would understand what the plan was for me. I longed to be a Mother and couldn't understand why it wasn't coming so easy for me. Now I have my answer and it is my amazing little girl. We had a great Mother's Day. She happily announced "Happy Mother's Day" Mommy to me and it brought alittle tear to my eye. I am a Mommy.






We celebrated with our family. Dan, Jeff, and Rudy made an amazing Surf and Turf dinner for our family. It was a wonderful day to share with family and friends.






After I was done reading bedtime stories to Katie, she started to say her prayers. She likes to include all of her family and friends in her prayers every night. She will add a few different people here and there as she remembers someone she saw that day. When she was done we rocked in the chair for a few minutes like we used too. I said a silent prayer for Katie's Birth Mother and hoped she somehow in her heart knew that Katie is loved. I thanked her for giving birth to this amazing little girl. I am honored to be her Mother.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Oh I LOVE the pictures of you and Katie....so sweet!!!